« Home | (24AUN) Status 10/23 » | Thursday » | (24AUN) Preview #3 » | (24AUN) Status 10/18 » | (24AUN) Status 10/16 » | Welcome » | (24AUN) Status 10/14 » | (24AUN) Status 10/11 » | (24AUN) Status 10/03 » | (24AUN) Status 10/02 »

The origins of my names

JackBauer24. Hmmph. I've been known as JackBauer24 online so long now, that it's a part of my identity. I AM JackBauer24 of the internet, just as much as I AM Matt _____ of Detroit, Michigan. To my knowledge, I am the original JackBauer24. I don't know that anyone else had the name before me; I got it February 9, 2002. Y'See, the show 24 premiered in November of 2001, but the official FOX forum (http://forums.prospero.com/fox24/start) opened in July of that year. Even then, months before the show began, there were rabid fans waiting for that first ticking clock. I was a fan of the show from the very beginning, and during my Christmas break, I searched for 24 websites online. I found the official FOX site, and I found the link to their forum. I joined that February, and became JACKBAUER24. If you run a search online for JackBauer24, some of the listings are actually me, but not all. There's some imitator running around. Some jackass even got the name jackbauer24@aol.com, lucky bastard. But I am the original, the one and only, JackBauer24. But I'm also under many other names, so here's some of the forums and the names you can find me as.

At the Prospero and Delphi forums, I'm primarily in the Fox 24 and Fox forums, and the Sarchasm on Delphi, but I go by many names.
  • JackBauer24
  • GL24 (Short for GreenLightsaber24; I was known as GrnLightSbr for about two years, before I became JB24)
  • JeffBauer24 (Before one of the season premieres, there was a commercial for Ford, which starred a Jeff Bauer. I just couldn't resist!)
  • TheSlurpee1
  • Faramier (I tried to spell Faramir, after the LOTR character, but I typoed.

I think I might even have another name there, but I do not remember.

At the JediCouncil forums, at TheForce.Net, I'm JackBauer24 and GreenLightsaber24.

At Pogo.com, I'm MikeNovick24 and JackBauer2417.

At Comedy Central, I'm JackBauer24

At the Howard Stern Boards, I'm JackBauer24.

At the E-Z Boards, I'm GreenLightsaber24

I'm sure I've got others, but those are all that I remember.