« Home | (24AUN) Status 10/18 » | (24AUN) Status 10/16 » | Welcome » | (24AUN) Status 10/14 » | (24AUN) Status 10/11 » | (24AUN) Status 10/03 » | (24AUN) Status 10/02 » | (24AUN) Status 9/30 » | (24AUN) Origins Episode VI: Return of the Ideas » | (24AUN) Origins Episode V: The Writer's Block Stri... »

(24AUN) Preview #3

For this preview, instead of giving a commercial, or a full scene from the show, I'll just give you some tantalizing tidbits about the series.

  • It will be in script form, not novel form, for various reasons including the fact that I believe that it would come closer to the feel of the tv show than if I had written it as a novel.
  • It will be long. Really long. MY-GOD-WHY-AM-I-READING-ALL-THIS? LONG.
  • When I tell people about this, they assume that Jack would kill Nina without that flak jacket. In fact, that's how I first approached this project. But things are not always what they seem, and even the opening minutes of the show will turn out a little different than everyone expects
  • The show begins with the 7-8am hour, but features a short prologue (Previously, on 24...) that will set the story up.
  • MINOR SPOILER: Nina will survive, and have a role in this season.
  • The roles of Teri, Kim, Alberta Green, and a few other characters from the series have been diminished, while the roles of characters like Tony, Mason, and Chappelle have been increased.
  • Palmer features surprisingly little in this season. I decided that I felt that his storyline was a little too slow to attempt to rewrite, so I wrote around it. For the most part, it will remain the same as in the first season.
  • People who were supposed to die live, and people who were supposed to live die.
  • Of course, the Drazens return, but I've also created a new bad guy who will have a larger role late in the season. This character has a history with Nikola, who is Slavic, I believe, and if you know your WWII-era history, you'll be able to guess a bit about the new character.
  • I have created several new characters for this show, and what's more, I cast them. I will have a cast list at the end of each episode, and choose who I would like to see play each role.
  • Nikola's role in the season has changed slightly, although, he does return.
  • The interesting thing is that some of the earliest changes of the show, while noticible, do not really change the entire series. In other words, the damages done by them can be fixed relatively easily to revert the series back to its normal state, but there comes a point in one of the early episodes, which I call the "point of no return." Let me just say that one of the key characters of the series dies and leave it at that.
  • Explosions, stabbings, gunshots, fistfights, snipers...and that's just the morning!

The clock is going to begin ticking again....

Even if it kills me.