« Home | (24AUN) Origins Episode IV: A New Beginning » | (24AUN) Origins Episode III: Revenge of the Ideas » | (24AUN) Origins Episode II: Attack of the Ideas » | (24AUN) Origins Episode I: The Phantom Beginnings » | (24AUN) Status 9/28 » | (24AUN) Format info » | (24AUN) Preview #2 » | (24AUN) Weekend » | (24AUN) Status 9/23 » | (24AUN) Preview #1 »

(24AUN) Origins Episode V: The Writer's Block Strikes Back

In early May 2004, with school out of the way, I was perfectly ready to start on 24:AU again. This time, instead of writing scripts for it, I started a massively detailed outline--so that I could write the scripts later. I worked all summer on it, completing outlines for episodes 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 by the beginning of August. August was a problem, though. With the new school year approaching and work just as hectic as ever, I couldn't get any ideas for the series. I hit another writer's block, halfway through episode 12. It annoyed the hell out of me, since I was carrying around my drafts but I couldn't get to working on them. At the same time, I was working on outlines for the first five scripts that I had written, to make them mesh better with the episodes of the summer. The problem was, I had only written about 20 minutes of material for episode 2. I had to re-write the episode completely, and that was a major pain in the ass. I was getting jaded out of the series.