« Home | .... » | Star Wars Trailer » | Halloween » | (24AUN) Status 11/02 » | Comedian Quotes, and other funny shit. » | Ugg. » | The origins of my names » | (24AUN) Status 10/23 » | Thursday » | (24AUN) Preview #3 »

(24AUN) Status 11/10

Yes!

I finally did it! I finally finished episode 14.

I’m back to work now. A week and a half of near inactivity (due largely to a test that I HAD to study for) preceded by two weeks of writer’s block has been washed away. Over the past two days, I’ve gotten back to serious work of 24AU. Here’s where things stand right now:
–Episode 14's first outline is complete and ready to go into THE COMPLETE OUTLINE.
–THE COMPLETE OUTLINE is finished up to about 10:45am. That’s episode 4.
–Episode 15's first outline has been started.
THE COMPLETE OUTLINE is getting easier now. Episodes 4 and 5 were the only episodes of the original scripts that were actually in real time. What needs to be done in converting them to TCO is merely reforming a few scenes to jive with my changes to earlier episodes and the plot of the rest of the day. After episode 5, things will get even easier because episode 6-14 are already in the outline form I’m using for TCO. Then it’ll just be a matter of typing them up and cleaning up minor details. It’s starting to look like I might actually reach my goal: to have THE COMPLETE OUTLINE complete by January 1, 2005. I’m shooting for a May 19, 2005 premiere for my scripts, but don’t hold me to that.

The odd thing right now is that my sense of real-time is a little off right now. I’m writing scenes and fitting them into times much smaller than they would need. Here’s an example: the other night, I wrote a scene in TCO that I figured as running from 10:30 to 10:34. I was a little suspicious of that, so I typed up the whole scene using a script writing program on my computer. The scene turned out to be almost 7 pages long–roughly 6 and a half minutes. I’m starting to get the distinct impression that 24: Altered Universe is going to be MUCH longer than I ever intended. If could well be the longest single-season 24 fanfic out there. Jeez. The handwritten outline for eps 6-14 alone is 170 pages. Just the OUTLINE! And that’s without the first five or the final three! I already have written over a ream’s worth of paper on this–I’m quickly filling a cardboard box with old outlines, story ideas, and drafts. When all is said and done, I’ll post a total on this blog of the amount of pages the whole process took.

Until next time, this is JackBauer24.

6 months until the release of 24AU?
2 months until the completion of THE COMPLETE OUTLINE?
2 months since I started this blog.
3 months since I started TCO.
6 months since I started the outlines for 6-14.
11 months since I started 24AU.
1 year, 9 months since I first got the idea for 24AU
– seconds until I go insane.