« Home | (Refuge Blog) Mind Pong » | (Refuge Blog) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's... » | (Refuge Blog) Life, business and other shit (Part 3) » | (Refuge Blog) Life, business and other shit (Part 2) » | (Refuge Blog) Life, business and other shit (Part 1) » | (24AUN) Final Post » | (24AUN) Makes it all worthwhile. » | (24AUN) » | (24AUN) Stupid, stuoid, stupid. » | (24AUN) Statistic Totals for 24AU »

(Refuge Blog) Mind Pong 2

Wow. Two blog entries in one day. SHOCKING!

Caught some of Jay and Michelle today.

Now, I'll say this; it wasn't necessarily BAD radio. It held my attention for the time I listened to it. It just wasn't good radio either. It was the vanilla pudding of radio. Just kinda there if you want it, but who wants vanilla when there's a nice bowl of chocolate sitting near by? I don't miss Gregg Henson as much as I thought I was going to. Yeah, I miss the relationship he had with Michelle, the on-air chemistry and all that, but when it comes right down to it, Henson was just a bitter balding bastard. Entertaining enough when he was on but not so integral to the show that he's needed now.

The middays slot on KRK seems to be filled with hatred. Not on the hosts's part, but on the fans'. See, every time a new show comes on, the fans of the show that was on before instantly bash the new show. Then, when the show builds an audience and leaves, all of the fans of the show, plus the ones from the show before, bash the next new show. Fans of K+T bashed S+C. Fans of S+C bashed G+M. Fans of G+M bash J+M. It's just how it goes. I'm not one of any of these levels of fans; I missed out on K+T. Didn't like S+C. Enjoyed G+M but not enough to bash J when G was fired by the heads at CBS. And when K, J, H, and S got captured by the O and M+W got sent home on a B I was really riveted to the edge of my seat, even after E, D, and L almost got killed by the EMP or whatever it was.

'K?



Where was I?

Ah, yes. The vanilla pudding of radio. Like I said, I can listen to MCM (again with the acroynyms!) now if it's on, but it's not the best. Nor am I going to start bashing it like...well, everyone who's been a long time middays listener of WKRK. I suppose because when I lose interest in MCM, I can always switch over to Sirius and catch the Stern show.

Hey, if MCM is vanilla pudding, Stern is a stripper covered in whipped cream and chocolate syrup.

And we all LOVE that mental image, don't we?