« Home | (24AUN) Update 3/21 » | Busy » | (24AUN) Deleted Scenes » | Brand new blog » | (24AUN) Update 3/05 » | (24AUN) Episode 11 » | (24AUN) Update 1/29 » | (24AUN) WOOO HOOO! » | Dancing Stormtrooper! » | (24AUN) Status 1/21 »

(24AUN) Update 3/22

Over the past several days, I've had to stop writing the scripts to 24AU. The problem lies in the origins of the Marc Warner storyline, which I will eventually recant over at the 24AU site. For now, what you need to know is that around Christmas 2004, I STOPPED outlining 24AU. Just stopped. Halfway through episode 16's outline, leaving myself with nothing more than jumbled notes for the rest of 16 and all of 17. So, starting with episode 15, I've had to go back and outline the entire end of the season. Just finished episode 15's outline, and now I'm going to sort our 16's. Big problem that lies in that is that I've since COMPLETELY re-written the end of the show in my notes. Starting with 16, I have the near-Herculean task of merging my NEW notes with my old and eradicating the traces of the old story.

The bottom line to all of this is that I won't be able to start writing the script for the final three until I finish the final three outlines. It means that I'm gonna have to publish at least the next episode without having written the new ones. I don't like having that multi-episode buffer, but I don't think I have a choice.

Still, I'm writing incredibly detailed outlines for these episodes. (Episode 15's outline is roughly 16 pages. That's over 20% of the final length of the episode!) The writing should go pretty smooth when I get to it.

Famous last words.