« Home | (24AUN) Status 7/24 » | Quick Reviews » | (24AUN) Status 7/21 » | Court » | (24AUN) Status 7/13 » | Boba Fett- Empire Strikes Back Infinites » | Two Word Film Review: The Whole Ten Yards » | News » | (24AUN) Status 6/23 » | Film Review: Batman Begins »

What a weird f***ing day!

Okay, as I write this, it's about 11:30 in the morning. Day's not even half-over yet, and it's already been way too f*cking weird for me.

First, I make INCREDIBLE traffic on the way to work. I left my house almost twenty minutes late and I still got to work on time.
Next, our security guard did not mention to me our fight from Friday (we had quite a big fight on Friday because of some serious problems I had with something she did).
Then, it turns out that one of my fellow employees decided not to come in at all today. Not surprising, considering that she's missed like 1/3 of the mondays this summer. But her absence today meant that there were only two of set to work today at the desk. And I was supposed to leave at 2. Well, my manager asked me today to work 8 hours instead of my usual 4. She told me to go home at 11, then come back at 3 to relieve my co-worker. So, I'm getting paid for more hours today than usual, and I'm still getting several hours off....weird....
Finally, she had me come with her and our security guard to confront a problem patron. She wanted me as a silent, intimidating male presence. Now, if you've ever seen me, you'd understand why I laughed my ass off when she wanted me to be the "intimidating male presence." My response: "Well, I ain't exactly the best choice for THAT job!" The patron was a big problem, sleeping in the library *big no-no*, then cussing my manager out when she was called on it. When I left, the woman was told that if she laid down again, she'd be kicked out of the library. I doubt she'll be there when I get back to work this afternoon.

So, I now have 3 1/2 hours to get some work done this afternoon at home, then I have to go back to work. Like I said....weird!

EDIT: Just got weirder. Car accident in front of my house. Two car collision. One of them was banged up quite bad. I guess they called the cops; when I looked outside, there were two cop cars parked outside talking to them. Hmm....this day is gonna get weirder and weirder. One hour until I return to work.

EDIT 2: The afternoon at work was nuts. Constant customers, still no a/c. Glad to be home for the night...